Finding Special Characters in Pages

"In Microsoft Word and a few other text editors like BBEdit and TextWranger, you can type special codes to search for things like carriage returns or tabs," Art Gorski explains.  " In Pages and TextEdit, there doesn't seem to be a way to do this. But if you hold down the Option key when you type these characters in a Search and Replace dialog it works!"  Read how Macworld explains this feature.